WHO CAN HELP
Chiropractor and Posture
Why go to a chiropractor? Chiropractors are experts in the spine, and they can help with a variety of back pain issues.
Do you experience chronic neck or back pain? Do you have difficulty sleeping because your neck is stiff from sitting at work all day? Or do you want to improve your posture so that it’s easier for you to get around during the day? You may be suffering from many different types of injuries or conditions, but what matters most is that Chiropractors are here for YOU.
What is Chiropractic, and how does it work?
Chiropractic is the use of manual joint manipulation to diagnose and treat medical problems. The theory behind Chiropractic assumes that spinal joint misalignments, especially in the neck (cervical), can adversely affect general health via “nerve interference.” Therefore, chiropractors’ goal is to restore normal movement and alignment.
Chiropractors place their hands on specific areas of your spine to feel for tender areas where nerves may be pinched or irritated. They then work on this area by either applying force manually or using massage techniques, often known as Active Release Technique (ART). A chiropractor will also use his or her knowledge about proper body mechanics to avoid injuries during routine activities such as lifting heavy objects or changing bed sheets.
Chiropractors’ will use a combination of these techniques to help correct misalignments and improve the body’s overall health. In addition, some choose to also practice other forms of treatment such as acupuncture, physical therapy, or massage to provide their patients with an even wider range of benefits.
Where did Chiropractic originate?
Chiropractic is found on the principles developed in 1890s by Daniel David Palmer, and then expanded in the early 20th century by his son B.J. Palmer.
Chiropractors were first accredited by a national organization in 1895. This original association aimed to “unite the newly- licensed profession for educational and professional advancement, as well as to provide a forum for discussion on topics of public concern.”
What are some benefits of chiropractic treatments?
- Chiropractic can help to provide relief from pain caused by stress or injury.
- Chiropractors can treat back problems, neck pain, headaches, and other types of chronic constrictions.
- They use manual manipulations to stretch tight muscles, ease joint stiffness and promote overall well-being.
- Many chiropractors offer additional services such as massage therapy or acupuncture to give patients a more holistic approach to their health.
- Chiropractors’ use gentle, low-speed manipulations that produce very little discomfort while improving the overall condition of your spine
Chiropractors can help with a range of issues, such as:
- Back and neck pain
- Scoliosis (a condition of the spine) and other childhood back problems
- Headaches and migraines
- Fibromyalgia (chronic pain)
- Excessive or prolonged menstrual periods
- Low-back or sciatica pain
- Rotator cuff rotations/tears, frozen shoulder syndrome, thoracic outflow constriction.
- They can also assist those who might be pregnant, who are experiencing back difficulties due to weight gain during pregnancy, and those suffering from disorders such as fractured vertebrae.
- Lastly, chiropractors use manipulative techniques to correct and prevent scoliosis in patients at risk for it.
Who should get a chiropractor’s evaluation for their health care needs?
It’s always a good idea to seek assistance from a chiropractor or other healthcare provider when you develop any new health issue, especially one causing significant discomfort.
When your spine becomes misaligned, it can create pressure on the nerves and tissues around your body, resulting in pain and other health related issues. A skilled chiropractor will evaluate your spine to see what’s causing these issues and how corrections may affect them positively. A qualified chiropractor also knows how to analyze the position of your pelvis and spine together, which means they can identify more than just focal issues with joints and vertebrae. This makes Chiropractors excellent for evaluating pregnant women who are experiencing abdominal pains due to changes in weight distribution during pregnancy as well as those suffering from disorders.
Chiropractic is a form of physical therapy that focuses on the spine and other joints to correct any misalignment or incorrect positioning. It can often help relieve pain, but it also benefits those who suffer from chronic constrictions such as headaches, back problems, neck pain, and more. Chiropractors are skilled at providing manual manipulations to stretch tight muscles and ease joint stiffness while promoting overall well-being. They use gentle, low-speed manipulation with minimal discomfort that will improve the condition of your spine over time. If you’re experiencing any new health issues like this, don’t wait: make sure you get evaluated by a chiropractor!